Welcome to the Winery tavern with Guesthouse Sennerhof
Our winery hotel is located in an idyllic valley of the Rhine, only 4 km away from the Loreley, it is embedded in the world cultural heritage site of the Middle Rhine. In a beautiful, quiet location, directly across from the vineyards, it is owned by Winfried and Karin Persch.
Take a vacation from everyday life, actively experience the nature and enjoy our wines with all your senses.
The Sennerhof is attractively located at the base of the Hunsrück with its hilly landscape and is the central starting point for hiking tours or climbing on the nearby Rhine-Castle-Way , Nordic Walking on the heights above the river, bike tours along the Rhine, etc. You may stay for a short break or for longer.
For over 200 years our family have practiced winegrowing in the valley of the Loreley. The vineyard area totals 3,1 hectares in steep slopes on the middle Rhine.
Our wine portfolio ranges from basic quality wines (QBA) to wonderful, dry and exquisite Riesling wines, which have ripened in wooden barrels. The character of our wines is marked by mineral – rich slate soils.
Family Persch, Hotel Sennerhof Oberwesel
The vineyards are planted with approximately 80 % Riesling, the grapes of Müller-Thurgau, Kerner, Schönburger and Spätburgunder make up the rest.
- Wine tastings in our vaulted cellars for up to 30 people (with advance notice)
- Winetastings in our wine tavern for up to 50 people (with advance notice)
- After a wine tasting in our cellars or tavern we will gladly serve you regional specialities from our “vesper” menu
- A Wine Museum displaying wines and old wine-making equipment
- Vineyard walking tours of approx. 2 hours (minimum 10 people)
- Restaurant for up to 60 people, Meeting room for up to 40 people
- Restaurant Terrace for up to 30 people and with view to the castle Schönburg
The restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.